- About the Course / Summer Preparation Programme
Why study Engineering?
- I want to work in engineering in the future
- I want to develop my practical skills while studying the theory behind engineering.
Engineering is a course that develops a wide range of skills that will stand you in good stead for the whole of your working life. Skills you will develop include project planning, problem solving, creativity, communication, teamwork, persistence, numeracy and computer skills. Engineers develop these skills that make them highly employable in lots of different sectors.
How will I be assessed?
4 units across two years.
- Unit 1 Engineering Principles: A written exam set and marked by Pearson
- Unit 2 Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team: Internally marked coursework
- Unit 3 Engineering Product Design and Manufacture: A task set and marked by Pearson and completed under supervised conditions
- Unit 10 Computer Aided Design in Engineering: Internally marked coursework
- Week1: Lesson 1: Getting Started with SketchUp
This video will introduce new users to Sketchup to the basics of modelling. Learn the basics of the way that tools, faces, and extrusions work.
- Week 2:Lesson 2: Modelling a HouseIn this video, learn to model a basic house in SketchUp with the push pull and offset tools!
- Week 3:Lesson 3: Modelling Interiors from Floor Plan to 3D!
This video will walk you through the basics of modelling building interiors in SketchUp!
- Week 4: Lesson 4: Working with Materials
Using materials in SketchUp, how to apply them, how to edit them, and how to work with them!